Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The circle of hurt

You shook my world in two lines and asked me if I am crying.
No I wasn't.
I wasn't crying, darling- I was ruined.
I was thinking of how I will stitch myself back this time,
how long will this wound take to recover?
I thought you'd drained me of it but hey!
I bled again. Scarlet red- reeking of your name.
So I will convince myself again tonight,
that I have nothing left to give you and that my heart doesn't have your name over it.
And for the next time this happens again,
You'll whisper you're sorry and I will tell you to just get me a band-aid. 

1 comment:

  1. We might all try our best to fool the heart that it doesnt care anymore, but the heart has a mind of its own. Unfortunately the only way to stop getting hurt is to lose all attachment to someone...and that can't be controlled.

    Take care,
    CRD

    ReplyDelete